As lemonade is popular in other countries (most especially in the United States) because of the abundance of lemons, calamansi juice is popular in the Philippines because of its abundance in the country.
Summer or rainy season, calamansi juice is a refreshing drink. Drink it hot or cold, there are health benefits you can get.
Calamansi is a small citrus fruit native in the country. It has a sweet bitter taste and is an excellent source of vitamin C, Calcium, Iron and Phosphorus.
It's so easy. All you need to prepare are the following ingredients:
• around 3 calamansi (or more according to your taste)
• cold or warm water (depends on what kind of drink you like to have for the day)
• sugar or honey to balance the sour taste
• ice cubes (optional only if you want it cold)
• Clean the calamansi and cut into half, remove the seeds using a fork.
• In your favorite glass, squeeze the juice out of each calamansi. Remove the seeds if it falls into the glass.
• Pour water
• Add sugar (and/or honey), and stir.
• Add ice cubes if you want it cold
• Optional ingredients: you can add a slice of lemon into your glass
Drinking calamansi juice is a natural and effective way to keep your kidney healthy. It also eliminates urine odor and lighten its color. Calamansi juice has anti-bacterial property. You can use it as a mouthwash to eliminate morning breath.
photos/source/reference: otoplala.otopphilippines.org | philamfood.com