Mary Jane Cabrera-Nombre is a travel blogger from Iloilo.
Mary Jane or MJ started her personal blog, Mary Jane's Niche, in 2008. She writes about her interests such as her adventures, events, food, her hometown, music, her online job, music, photography and traveling.
MJ is an optimistic person and it shows on her blogs. She hopes that through her blog posts she'll be able to encourage her readers to start their own journey and find balance in life.
"Manifest what you want, take control of your life and see life through MJ's optimistic eyes." -MJ
MJ started blogging about her experiences because she wants to share with the whole world that anyone can travel, especially in the Philippines. "Traveling is an essential part of everyone's personal growth journey and blogging about my travels is a release." MJ shared. "Simply put, blogging about my experiences make me happy and me a sense of fulfillment." She added.
MJ has a very long list of the places she recommends to travel/visit in the Philippines. Here are some of them:
1. General Santos - Seafood overload at the Tuna Festival. And don't miss the great food and awesome view of Sarangani Bay at Lemlunay Resort.
2. Sarangani - White Water Tubing at Maitum. Meet Mr. Danilo Dequina and his turtle sanctuary.
3. Lake Sebu, South Cotabato - Experience the T'Boli culture and meet with living National Artist Lang Dulay. Don't miss the highest zipline in SouthEast Asia and the slow boat ride at Lake Sebu.
4. Sultan Kudarat - The most luxurious capitol I've visited.
5. Davao - Delicious food everywhere.
6. Kapatagan/Digos - Majestic view of Mt. Apo. Check out the civet cats and Kublai Millan's works.
7. Iloilo - Experience the merry-making at the Dinagyang festival. Affordable and delicious food everywhere.
8. Kabankalan City - Simple life at its finest.
9. Bacolod City - The city for the person with the sweet-tooth!
10. Guimaras Island - Sweetest mangoes, white sand beaches, private islands, island hopping.
11. Tibiao, Antique - Kayaking, bountiful seafood, pristine beaches.
MJ also shared that because of traveling, she gained lots of friends and lot of learning experiences. "I've learned first-hand that our country is indeed beautiful and rich in beauty and culture. Best of all, traveling has made my relationship with my husband -Tim who is also a blogger - much stronger."
To read more of MJ's blog posts, visit Mary Jane's Niche (maryjanecabrera.com)
Interview with Mary Jane Cabrera of Mary Jane's Niche
Photos were personally selected and shared by Mary Jane Cabrera.