Have you ever asked your self the question, What makes me Filipino?
Is it really about the way we look, or speak or move, or about our mannerisms that make us different from other people?
Well, here are some of our special characteristics and behaviors that makes us uniquely Filipino. Read, be amused, and be proud that you are a Filipino!
1. You decorate your living room wall with your family's framed diplomas, plaques, pictures. That's what we call family pride.
2. You are truly “Pinoy” if you eat with your hands while propping up you knee and having one foot on the chair or bench where you are seated.
3. When you feel compelled to greet anyone who sees you eating and offer to share your food even if your food is only for one person.
4. You are certified “Pinoy” if the star of a handaan (feast) is the lechon and you can't wait to get your hands on the crunchy skin.
5. You are truly “Pinoy” if in a party or small gathering with food served for everybody, there is always one piece or morsel left on the serving plate--nobody wants to get that last piece for fear of being labelled as selfish, glutton, famished.
6. You are Filipino if you hang a rosary on your car's rear view mirror.
7. You are so “Pinoy” if your second piece of luggage is a balikbayan box. You feel compelled to give "pasalubongs" to your friends and relatives every time you come from a trip.
8. Rice is part of your every meal, may it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
9. You are Pinoy if you know how to say Po and Opo.
10. You're truly Pinoy if you still find a reason to smile even in times of adversity!
I guess it's safe to say that being born a Filipino and growing here in the Philippines does not really guarantee that you are indeed a Filipino. You must also learn to love not only your culture but also your nationality. There are a lot of things to be proud of as a Filipino.
Filipinos or best known as Pinoys are very extraordinary people. We have extraordinary talents and very extraodinary tastes.
Be proud and shout to the world TATAK PINOY AKO!