Shrimp Gambas is a popular Filipino shrimp dish. It is serve as an appetizer, pulutan (matched with beer) or even as a main dish in most restaurants in the Philippines.
"Gambas" is a Spanish term that pertains to prawns. You can try this Shrimp Gambas Recipe.
Spicy Shrimp Gambas
• 3/4 kilo medium to large sized Shrimp
• 1/4 cup Kalamansi juice or lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
• 1/2 cup Green Chili, sliced diagonally (optional)
• 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
• 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup Olive oil or Cooking oil
• 1 medium sized red onion, quartered
• 2 tablespoons white wine
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Clean the shrimps. Peel and devein then combine shrimp with lemon juice then marinate for 20 minutes.
• Pour cooking oil in a hot frying pan.
• Put the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown.
• Add the onions and bell pepper then cook until the texture softens.
• Now add the shrimps and let it cook for 2 minutes.
• Pour the white wine, then add salt and pepper then cook for another minute.
• Add the tomato sauce and stir then simmer for 2 minutes.
• Then add the Chili Sauce and Green Chilies then simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside.
• You can put it in a Hot plate for a sizzling treat.
• Best served hot with garlic rice.
photos/source/reference: pinoyrecipe.net | travelto-bohol.info