Pichi-Pichi is a gelatinous dessert (this can also be eaten as a heavy mid-afternoon snack) made from grated cassava and sugar. The concoction is placed in a mold and steamed until a sticky-gelatinous texture is formed. After steaming, this is coated with grated coconut for additional flavor.
Try this Pichi-Pichi recipe.
2 cups cassava, grated
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 cup coconut, grated
1/2 tsp lye water
1/2 tsp buko-pandan essence
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cassava, sugar, and water then mix thoroughly
2. Add lye water while continously stirring the mixture
3. Put-in the buko-pandan essence then mix again
4. Once the mixture is evenly distributed, pour in individual cup molds and place in a steamer
5. Steam the mixture for 45 minutes to 1 hour (or until the color turns translucent)
6. Allow the steamed pichi-pichi to cool down (at least 40 minutes to 1 hour ; you can even place it in the fridge after letting it cool down at least 15 minutes) then remove from the molds
7. Roll the each piece over the grated coconut
8. Place in a serving plate then serve. Share and Enjoy!