As we all know, during rainy season we always get hungry compared to ordinary days. Binangkal is being prepared to feed your hungry stomach. On the other hand, sikwate (hot chocolate made from cacao) is being prepared to make you feel warm during the cold weather.
How to prepare Binangkal.
2 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. water
2 tbsp oil
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. Mix brown sugar, water and oil then add to flour mixture. Mix until well-blended.
3. Using a teaspoon, take small bits of batter then roll in sesame seeds.
4. Fry in deep hot oil until golden brown.
5. Line your storage container with paper towel
6. The Binangkal will keep for a week. Happy Eating!
How to prepare Sikwate.
1/2 cup of water
1 tablea tablet
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1. In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup water ( this is good for 1 serving)
2. When water boils, add the tablea and stir it constantly until it melts and smooths out
3. Turn off heat, then add 2 tbsp brown sugar ( adjust sweetness according to taste)
4. Serve hot.