Do you want to prepare oriental tasting dish which is easy to cook yet appetizing? Well, this one is for you! Pork Asado or Asadong Baboy is a sweet pork dish that was introduced by the Chinese. Taste the sweetness of the dish and you will surely feel the how sweet life is.
1 1/2 lbs pork
1 teaspoon five spice powder
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 to 2 cups water
1. Combine soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic, cooking rice wine, and salt then mix well.
2. Marinade the pork in the combined mixture for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat a cooking pot then put-in the pork along with the marinade and water then let boil.
4. Add brown sugar and stir to distribute evenly.
5. Simmer for about 40 minutes flipping the meat after 20 minutes or so to tenderize the other side.
6. Turn off the heat and remove the meat from the cooking pot.
7. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce then serve.
9. Share and enjoy!
Ma. Melnelyn Go
LNU ABCOM INTERN