Crispy Pork Dinuguan
Crispy Pork Dinuguan is one all the rage version of the Pinoy's much loved blood simmer dish. It is made up of brittle fried pork.
This type of Dinuguan is made up of chopped lechon kawali and pork intestines. Other pork part like pig face, ears are also added in order to create a crispy pork dinuguan. For maximum crispiness fried pork should only be added when ready to serve. Enjoyâ€¦Ingredients to prepare:
1 kilo lechon kawali, chopped
1/2 kilo pork intestine
10 cup fresh pork blood, strain
1 1/2 head garlic, crushed
1/2 thumb size ginger, crushed
1 head garlic, chopped
2 medium size onion, chopped
3 cup vinegar
1 cup patis, fish sauce
6 pcs. siling haba
3-5 pcs. bay leaf
- In a pot, put intestine and add enough water to cover, add crushed garlic and crushed ginger.
- Let boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until firm tender.
- Drain and let cool down. Cut intestine into 1/2” crosswise.
- Wash thoroughly, rinse and drain, keep aside. In same casserole sauté garlic and onions.
- Add intestines and stir cook for 5-10 minutes or until it start to sizzle.
- Add vinegar, lower heat and simmer uncovered, 8-10 minutes. Add in blood, bay leaf and oregano.
- Simmer and keep stirring for 5-10 minutes or until blood is cooked and colour turn to chocolate brown and thickens.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste. Before serving add in lechon kawali and green siling haba and simmer for another minute. Serve hot.
LNU ABCom Intern