Suman also know as rice cake here in the Philippines. It is one of the famous “kakanin” recipes of the country. Suman sa Ibus is just easy to prepare, wrapping the suman makes it a hard process. It is best paired with riped mangoes or hot chocolate. Want to know how? Follow the steps below.
4 cups sticky rice or malagkit
3 cups thick coconut cream
1 Tablespoon salt
For the Ibus:
1. Fold the end of the buri leaf by 1 ½ inches.
2. Fold the bottom edge into a triangle.
3. Start rolling up the buri leaf in an
4. Roll up the buri to make a tube.
How to prepare the Suman
1. Mix the malagkit or sticky rice, thick coconut cream and salt all together.
2. Fill the prepared ibus with the mixture from number 1.
3. Close the end of tube with a toothpick which you can take from the midrib of the coconut leaf.
4. Tie with buri strips.
5. Arrange in a large saucepan and cover with water.
6. Boil until cooked for about two to two and a half hours.
7. Untie and Unwrap.
Profile of the Author
Dianne Elisa Monte Manalastas
LEYTE NORMAL UNIVERSITY