Aside from Prinitong Manok or Fried Chicken and Adobong Manok, one of my favorite chicken recipes is Pininyahang Manok. I just love the sweet taste of pineapple in this recipe. It adds a different flavour to the chicken. In preparing this dish, some would use evaporated milk over coconut milk. It really tastes good.
Try this Pininyahang Recipe.
§ 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
§ 12 ounces pineapple chunks, canned
§ 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
§ 1 cup bell pepper, cut into thick strips
§ 1 medium sized carrot, wedged
§ 2 1/2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
§ 1/2 cup fresh milk
§ 2 tbsp garlic, minced
§ 1 medium sized onion, sliced
§ 2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Marinate the chicken in pineapple juice/concentrate (derived from the can of pineapple chunks) for 20 to 30 minutes
2. Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot / casserole then apply heat
3. Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomatoes
4. Put-in the chicken and cook until color of the outer part turns light brown
5. Add the pineapple juice/concentrate marinade and fresh milk then bring to a boil
6. Add the pineapple chunks and simmer until the chicken is tender and half of the liquid evaporates (about 20 to 30 minutes).
7. Put-in the carrots and simmer for 5 minutes
8. Add the bell pepper and fish sauce then simmer for 3 minutes
9. Remove from the cooking pot / casserole and transfer to a serving dish.
10. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Enjoy eating Pininyahang Manok with your family.
Profile of the Author
Dianne Elisa Monte Manalastas
LEYTE NORMAL UNIVERSITY