Tuyo, also known as Dried Salted Fish, is one of the lutong bahay recipes here in the Philippines. Tuyo salad is just presented in a different way. It is a concoction of onions and tomatoes. No need to cook this recipe. Try it. It’s very easy to prepare.
- 5 lettuce leaves (romaine or iceberg, shredded)
- 1 white onion
- 3-4 medium size tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- Roughly 1 cup of tuyo in oil
- ¼ c puting keso
1. Cook the dried fish. Set aside.
2. On a different platter, prepare the lettuce leaves
3. Cut the onion and tomatoes into small cubes.
ot;>4. finely chop the 2 cilantro spigs
5. Mix the dried fish, onion cubes, tomato cubes and cilantro spigs.
Enjoy your tuyo salad and share it the recipe to others.
Profile of the Author
Dianne Elisa Monte Manalastas
LEYTE NORMAL UNIVERSITY