Pastillas are the best milk candies ever made! I remember when my sister and I were still young, my parents would usually buy several pack of Pastillas just to grant our cravings. Who wouldn’t love the splendid taste of milk in it? Even elderly people will surely love these Pastillas.
Pastillas are made using Carabao’s milk but most people would use powdered milk because it is more convenient to use and is hassle-free to prepare.
So, I dare you to try this one!
2 cups powdered milk, sifted
1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
½ cup granulated sugar, sifted
1. Place the condensed milk in a large mixing bowl.
2. Gradually fold-in the powdered milk. The texture of the mixture will be similar to dough once all the powdered milk is completely added.
3. Scoop some of the mixture and mold into cylinders.
4. Roll each molded cylindrical mixture on granulated sugar.
5. Wrap in paper or cellophane.
6. Serve for dessert.
You may now enjoy your sweet delicious milk candy dessert!
Profile of the Author:
Dianne Elisa Monte Manalastas
LEYTE NORMAL UNIVERSITY