Eventhough I grew up in a city, I wasn’t used to eating in fastfood chains. I remember myself telling my mother to buy shrimps for me because I was fond of eating sea foods specially shrimps. We would cook it like an adobo wherein we put a little soy sauce and wow, my hunger is always relieved whenever I eat it.
Up until now, I still crave for shrimps, but I’m looking for another way to cook it. The other day while I was surfing the net, I came across a blog of a fellow netizen, on a recipe on shrimp which is the Shrimp Salad. My excitement was unstoppable so I tried doing it. Luckily, it went well and the dish tasted good.
Maybe you have to try this one. Here’s the recipe.
1/2 kilo shrimps
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons condensed milk
1 can fruit cocktail, either the fiesta or imported variety works, but the imported kind makes it more special :)
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel shrimps, then season with salt and pepper, add 2 tablespoons milk. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise and condensed milk. Drain the liquid from the fruit cocktail, then toss in the mayo-milk mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill in the fridge.
3. In a bowl combine egg and cornstarch season with salt. Whisk until the batter becomes smooth.
4. Drain the milk from the shrimps, then dip the shrimps in the batter, one at a time. Deep-fry the shrimps. Cook until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
5. Toss cooked shrimps in the mayo mixture.
Serve it hot and enjoy eating! :)
MA. DONNA ERIKA T. NAVARRO
LEYTE NORMAL UNIVERSITY- ABCommunication Intern