Black Sambo is a dessert everyone would like!
It is affordable and easy to prepare during special occasions.
Black Sambo is usually a two layered gelatin made of creamy milk and chocolate. You can use different molds, any shape that you like.
How to make this irresistible dessert:
First layer (milky white portion)
• 1 can of Nestle Cream (big)
• 1 can of condensed milk (big)
• 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin melt in 1/2 cup of cold water
1. Melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water.
2. Mix Nestle cream and condensed milk in a pan under low fire.
3. Add the melted Knox to the Nestle cream and condensed milk mixture and continue stirring for about 10 minutes under low fire.
4. Place half of the mixture in 13×9 pan (if you want to make 4 layers) and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before adding next layer. Or freeze for 15 minutes for fast results
Second layer (chocolate portion)
• 1 can evaporated milk (big)
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup Hershey's or Ricoa unsweetened chocolate, melt in 1 cup hot water
• 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin, melt in 1/2 cup cold water
1. Melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water
2. Mix evaporated milk, sugar, and melted chocolate in a pan under low fire.
3. Add the melted Knox to the milk, sugar and chocolate mixture and continue stirring for 10 minutes under low fire.
4. Set aside mixture and let cool.
Place mixture on top of the first layer and refrigerate. You can make 2 or 4 layers. You can replace it with other brands that you like too.
You can drizzle your favorite chocolate syrup on top when serving. Enjoy your dessert!