by Panlasang Pinoy @ www.panlasangpinoy.com
Shrimp Sautéed in butter with a lot of garlic is not an authentic Filipino recipe but Pinoys enjoy the dish so much that it has become a must-eat for seafoodies while dining out in night markets called “Dampa”.
The presence of the lemon ad soda marinade gives this dish a sweet taste that complements the rich flavor of butter and garlic. The aroma alone of this succulent Asian dish can be eaten with fluffy white rice and enjoyed with frosty beer.
You can try this Buttered Garlic Shrimp recipe.
2 lbs shrimp
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
½ cup butter
4 tbsp garlic, minced
2 cups lemon soda
1. Marinade the shrimp in lemon soda for about 10 minutes
2. Melt the butter in a pan and heat it up until hot enough to cook the garlic
3. Add the garlic and cook until the color turns golden brown
4. Put-in the shrimp (including the liquid marinade) and let cook until the liquid completely evaporates
5. Sprinkle the parsley,ground black pepper, and salt
6. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Txt and Photo from: panlasangpinoy.com
- Buttered Shrimpy Goodness
- published on 05/10/11 by zoneko