All Saints Day is fast approaching and we Filipinos tend to cook food made of malagkit rice. In line with this celebration, I want to suggest one of the famous and always present Pinoy dish in some of our tables-the Valenciana or Paella to others.
4 cups Sticky rice
4 pieces longanisa, cooked and julienne
2 pieces potato, cut cubes
1 large red bell pepper, julienne
1 can snow peas
2 tablespoon raisins
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
3 pieces eggs, cut into 4
soy sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoon turmeric
2 stem green onion, sliced thin
1. Cook sticky rice (like you are cooking regular rice with a little less water) with turmeric powder.
2. Boil egg, slice and set aside.
3. Saute crushed garlic, onion, chicken, langonisa, potato, red bell pepper, snow peas and raisins. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Add cooked sticky rice with the sauteed ingredients. Mix.
5. Garnish with egg and green onions and serve.
**You could also add pork and chicken liver in addition to the chicken."
Recipe and photos from tigabaluarte.blogspot.com/