Everyone knows ice cream. It is a frozen dessert which all kids and kids at heart love! But have you ever wonder what that cone shape that holds your ice cream is? The cone that you can eat after finishing your favorite frozen dessert is made of?
An ice cream cone is a pastry usually made of wafer, this makes it edible.
Various types of ice-cream cones include waffle cones, pretzel cones and sugar cones (and more).
A recipe on homemade sugar cones (from www.kitchenkrafts.com)
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp. butter, melted
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and egg.
3. Add butter, vanilla and milk, then gradually mix in flour.
4. Grease a large non-stick cookie sheet, and spread 1-1/2 tbsp. of batter into a 6" circle. Repeat, spacing circles 1" apart on cookie sheet.
5. Bake the cookie circles until entire surface is light brown (edges may brown faster than center).
6. Working quickly and carefully, gently lift each cookie from the pan using a metal spatula.
7. Use a cone roller to shape each cookie, pinching the bottom closed.
8. Cones will harden as they cool; remove mold only after cookie is firm.
• If you do not have any cone rollers, you can roll the warm cookies into cone shapes by hand and allow them to cool on a wire rack with the seam facing down. These cones may not be as perfectly shaped as those made with cone rollers but they will have the same flavor.
• You can garnish your cones with sprinkles or chopped nuts just before baking to add flavor and decoration to the finished sugar cones. Be sure to wrap these cones with the garnish on the outside.
Where to Buy
Browsing the internet for vendors, I found the following online sellers:
Cone De Baguio
#32 Honey Moon Road Baguio City
Mobile: (+63) 921-464-5551 (look for Mr. Robertson A. Rodrigo)
Year Luck Food and Industrial Corporation
Sunny Realty Compound, A. Sandoval Ave., Pinagbuhatan, Pasig City, Philippines 1602
Telephone: (032) 628-3689 | (032) 640-4514
Mobile: (+63) 918-918-3653 | (+63)917- 856-4925 | (+63)922-819-7884
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Disclaimer: contact details may have changed without notice