Want something saucy for dinner?
Check out this recipe from panlasangpinoy.com!
Chicken Afritada Recipe
2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 large potato, quartered
1 large carrot, sliced
1 large bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green peas
8 ounces tomato sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 pieces hotdogs, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1 1/4 cups chicken broth or stock
2 pieces dried bay leaves
1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
4 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Pour-in cooking oil in a cooking pot or casserole then apply heat.
2. Pan-fry the chicken until the color turns light brown (about 3 minutes per side).
3. Remove the chicken from the cooking pot.
4. On the same cooking pot, sauté garlic and onions.
5. Put-in the sliced hotdogs and pan-fried chicken then cook for a minute.
6. Pour-in tomato sauce and chicken stock then add bay leaves. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Add the potato and carrots then simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
8. Put-in the bell pepper, green peas, salt, sugar, and ground black pepper then cook for 3 minutes more.
9. Turn-off heat then transfer to a serving plate.
10. Serve with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
photo: Don Triviño | www.dontrivino.com