The Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Festival has been one of the most cherished festivals in the country.In an effort to boost Pampanga's economy after the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo, the PIHABF was introduced in 1994. Now on its 18th anniversary, it continues to attract not only spectators but pilots and aerial exhibitionists from all over the world!
It is celebrated every February 21-24 at the Clark Economic Zone at Pampanga. Families and friends would enjoy seeing dawn-lit horizon transform into a colorful bed of hot-air balloons of different shapes and figures, and the sky would be a playground for countless kites and RC planes performing crazy exhibitions.
For this year, DOT and the PIHABF management has quite a few surprises for Filipinos and tourists alike. Don't believe us? Here are just some new attractions/exhibtions that would make you run for your money and buy a ticket now for a weekend of fun and excitement where you'll surely go home satisfied and happy, (and perhaps, a slight stiff neck after spending a long time looking up the sky)
1. New Balloons - This year, there will be about 30 hot air balloons from 15 countries. Some of them are familiar, like in my case, the Chocolate Sundae Balloon but for this year, new balloons will be shot from the sky, like the Humpty Dumpty balloon, Space Shuttle Balloon, and Bouquet of Tulip Balloon.
2. OPM Concert - Consisting a large bulk of PIHABF crowd are foreign tourists, and in what way can we introduce our culture to them in a manner they will never forget? Through Filipino music, of course! A huge collaboraton was established between the masters of OPM and PIHABF as a concert headed by Filipino maestro, Ryan Cayabyab himself during the 2nd and 3rd day. Among featured performers will be Ogie Alcasid, Gary Valenciano, Cookie Chua, Dingdong Avanzado, Jessa Zaragoza, Wolfgang, The Dawn, Imago, Kjwan, Spongecola, Joey Ayala, Pepe Smith, Urbandub, Gloc-9, Noel Cabangon, Ebe Dancel and many more! The Concert is organized by OPM Means, an organization that aims to unite all OPM artists across the globe.
3. The Jet Aerobatic Sequence - For the first time ever, PIHABF is proud to bring the world-famous Breitling Jet Team, the largest professional civilian flight team from France, to perfom precision aerobatic show for the Filipinos! No doubt, this team will be a favorite sight for spectators as they stun you with death-defying aerial entertainment that will make you gasp in wonder.
4. New Dance Performance for the Kite Shows - the Kite Team Philippines (KTP), the only local stunt kite team will once again amaze us with the new dance numbers of their kites, among them is the 4-kite show of J-Lo's "Dance Again" and a romantic aerial ballet of Adele's "Someone Like You"
5. Jonathan Trappe's Homage to Disney' Up - If you fell in lobve with the colourful ballooned house from Disney-Pixar's Up, then make sure to don't miss this die-hard Up fan as he launches himself into the air attached to the multi-colored balloons
So what are you waiting for? Come and have a memorable fun-filled weekend here at Clark. You can get your tickets at the gate during the event or thru SM Ticketnet outlets. Each ticket is PhP 250.
For schedule of events, please visit: www.philballoonfest.net